Welcome to Early Childhood/Project H.E.L.P. (Helping Educate Little People) Pre-K Program! In Project H.E.L.P. your child will learn important skills that are essential for Kindergarten and beyond. This is an exciting time when your child will gain self-confidence, independence and friendships and will also grow leaps and bounds developmentally. We partner with you - your child's first teacher - to provide learning opportunities together.
Our mission is to partner with each child and their family to build positive foundations for life through teaching developmentally appropriate academic, physical, social and emotional skills.
- Young children are unique, have a variety of needs, and need equal opportunities to succeed at their own rate.
- Young children learn through play, hands-on experience and exploration, experimentation and positive interaction with materials, peers and adults.
- Young children's emotional needs are met when they feel safe, loved and accepted in a nurturing environment.
- A family is the child's first educator and should be encouraged to form a partnership with educators to support the development of a strong foundation for learning.
- Responsibility and respect for others is developed during the early years.
- Young children learn from what their teacher does as well as from what their teacher says: modeling is an important teaching tool.
Class time: 8:00 - 10:30
Bus transportation is provided to school as long as you live along a bus route and the child must be picked up at school at 10:30.
Class Time: 12:15 - 2:45
Children must be brought to school and then can receive bus transportation home as long as you live along a bus route.
- Birth Certificate
- Physical Exam
- Immunization Record
State Law requires schools to maintain current medical examination and immunization records for each child enrolled. Your child will not be allowed to attend school without a current physical, shot record and a copy of your child's birth certificate on file.